PakMusic - The Pure Pakistani Forums | Pakistani Music Movies Dramas Desi Forums

Old 03-26-2006, 02:04 AM
NASA-Scientist

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 0 Total
Naina is an unknown quantity at this point
Omar Inayat (Be the One) [Exclusive PakMusic Review]

Splash Image will follow later.
Omar Inayat (Be the One): Album review.:

Now, don’t hurt, don’t tease and please don’t mention that I ever said this! Omar inayat! Do I have to say about him. Oh well! I think I do have to speak about him. The guy is actually very boldly creating a whole new genre’ in Pakistani Music Industry. His debut “tenu lay kay jana” was a Block buster. I remember hearing that song for the first time and then hearing it again and then hearing it again. Was doing my literature assignment but the song was so mesmerizing that I got good from my Teacher the next day!. I wanted to cry out loud! “ its all because of Omar Inayat!” He did it! He should not make such mesmerizing music that people become hypnotized and miss their assignment deadlines!
Enough of my personal experiences. Omar Anayat has brought out a different kind of music. Merging Techno with our nice Punjabi bhangra. And his voice as modern as it is actually compliments his music and his compositions. The good thing about delivery is his wonderful succumbing honey sweet accent. He is wonderful in both English and Punjabi! This is so unfair that he is so well proportioned in Talent! *sigh*

Coming down to his album “Be The One”. As a debut. Well, I do not exactly know what to say and how to express my remarks. First impression. I think Omar rushed into this album. He should have taken his time and should have explored some other dimensions of his music other than doing the thing he was already doing. I mean we all absolutely agree about the magnificence of “Tenu Lay kay Jana” but 11 tracks, and the similarity. It was annoying at some point! Have to admit that every song has its charm, but the similarity is going to confuse the listener.
Now as usual I am going to start the chop chop according to our usual criteria. But I have decided to keep it short, unusually! I know, do not smirk.
Say 'Thank You!' for this post.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:04 AM
NASA-Scientist

You’ve Got Something:
Already I have said a lot about this song. It rocked our bones. It did make it big in the industry! Though if you look at the album, it is the heart of it! It introduced us to Omar, and his unique approach and style! Well, he might not know it yet but his music is going to shape the industry in future! A lovely song it is, no doubt about it, but it is not the best! There are tracks better than it. Though it was a very smart choice as a debut song. “You’ve got something” stole hearts away. Though I was a little disappointed about the video. It was a huge jumble up of, house renovation (paints), Bahraini flag (red and white) and Statue of Liberty (the lady’s hairstyle). I know I sound very very cold in the respect, but I was very very disappointed as well. So no hard feelings! Coming back to the song. The composition was good. The lyrics were fair enough! I have noticed over all the album that the English lyrics are very mature. Which is obviously a good sign. He is a lawyer..and lived in Uk for 2 years, what do you expect?. The music is also very nice. And and and!!! I am speechless ok! Don’t know what to say? Its wonderful people!! Okk!! Am I clear?? I hope I am! Lets get down to rating then shall we?
Gets an 8.5 out of 10. Wonderfully done, a round of applause for Omar! And welcome to the buzz of the mainstream.

Be The One:
Yo! Yo!...i was happy to hear this song! Very happy indeed. Starts of with bold guitars strokes, and how can I forget the urging seducing and so sweet English start, I wanted to say out loud, “if you are going to be that sweet honey. Hell yea! U can be the one! By the way where is u going to take me??” hehehe…too much of fantasizing! But yes. This song is as sweet as it can get. Not just the lyrics, but the music as well. Especially the dhol part as the background beat for the Punjabi lyrics. It was a wonderful combination. A wholesome song is always wonderful and Be the one is one of those! I have been hooked totally! And every one who listens to it will be too. The lyrics though are sweet are a little out of the blue. The English and Punjabi lyrics don’t actually merge together, but trust me when you are listening to this kind of song you totally forget about that! His delivery again is as valuable to the song as oxygen to life. He breathes in his songs. That is the good part. Another thing I would be very glad to mention is the Saxophone in the song. It has been ages that some one picked a saxophone and put it in such a way! Wonderful Job done. And the song at some extent does deserve to be the title track of the album.
Gets an 8 out of 10. for good work and the sweetness off course, that always helps.

Kya Hone laga hai:
Yeh kya honay laga! I was wondering and this song pops in! and takes me in. Peppy, Collegy, sweet and a little snobbish. All might not agree with me on this but that is what I think so far. It is a good track, and well the same problem it has. The similarity! Annoying similarity! I am sorry but this has got most of the tracks a low rating! This track has a little hip hop touch for a difference! And I think something is better than nothing and so we he listener will cherish this little change from the bottom of our hearts!
Anyways, coming back to the song! The vocals are good as always, the composition is ok, and the beat is good! The theme is simply about how easy it is to fall in love and omar seems to do a lot of it! Well he is an artist, what else do u expect?
Gets a 7 out of 10. well I have given this rating just out of generosity. I am in a good mood!

Yunhi:
A sweet track from the start. A different composition. And a very sweet romantic approach! Lovely track. All colors and butterflies track! Wonderfully done. Actually this is a traditional feel good track. Yet it is not that traditional. Romantic encounters under scrutiny in this one. Yunhi, is just a very sweet little track that touches the heart very tenderly and sweetly. The start of the song is very intriguing, but it catches up a quite different tune as soon as the beat and other enhancements kick in. a wonderful track over all. A good composition, good vocals and a good theme. A good change! I am in love with it! But the again I am a very loving person. Yea.. I know I am bragging so no need to express it! Going To rate it now
Gets a slick and shiny 7.5 out of 10. A good attempt, bulls eye and pretty. Good job!

Closed Eyes:
This is where the things started to go down hill. A very very similar track. Or should I call it a list filler. Yes it is a list filler. Resembles so much with other tracks. It is a mood killer. The composition should have been different. Lyrics are acceptable, the theme of the song is ofcourse Love lost! And this theme has worked well with many other tracks, it works out at some point too. But in this it is totally inexplicable.Vocal work is as usually very good. He as the longing and feel of being lost in it. Ahh! Enough of this song.
Gets a 6 out of 10, for such annoying similarity. Please consider other tracks next time.

Kaash:
Oh no we are not talking about Kash ji! We are talking about the song. Hope no one has objection on the name of the song. And if someone does, well, I cant do anything about it! It’s a soft beat song for starters a good thing after all the bang bang in the gangster mix. It has simple regrets, simple things, remembering the bygones, there is longing, pain and melancholy in the base of the song. Again the usage of Saxophone has made it grand. It is just a very good instrument for starters. Gives a little jazzy touch! Though again, after all the formalities, this song seems another list-filler. And no matter how hard I try I just cant write anymore about it! An okayish attempt on the whole!
Gets a 6 out of 10. for being a little boring, a little sad, and a lot similar! I have a request for Omar. Please next time consider all the tracks you have made previously before making a new one, coz to me these track seem like coming out of the same manufacturing plant. No offence.

Beqarar:
A full techno clap goes for this one. A whole techno blast. A fast track, an aggressive approach. Has a very annoying resemblance to Aankhon mein. This disappointed me a little. We don’t want repition if this mistake ofcourse. This song is full fledged techno, has a little to itself otherwise. Yes it has a theme of longing, restlessness, aren’t we all familiar with that. Did I mention the X-files kind of start. Yes the music in the beginning reminded me of X-files theme music, though there is a huge difference. Again his voice is as clear as crystal. I don’t have much to write about this track actually! Good music, good beat, good vocals, and satisfactory lyrics.
Gets a 7 out of 10. being very kind at gentle. Aint going to change it!
Old 03-26-2006, 02:06 AM
NASA-Scientist

Kya yeh pyaar hai(original)
Well. Ok this was a little different start. And I thoroughly loved the rock approach! At last something worth mentioning! Ahh!! I feel so happy that he has a rock type song in his album. Well whoever recommended him trance and techno did not know or realize how good rock, Omar can do! I am so awestruck! It is a wonderful track! Though the composition is a little bit same. But never mind! I am ready to forgive and forget! Reminds me of Aaroh! The ascend and descend especially! The sensible drums and guitars. Wonderful Vocal work. And the lyrics too are wonderful! I am totally in love with this track! Omar should really do more of rock. He rocks in it! He is made for it! Yeyyyy!! I am so happy. Almost delirious! Bravo bravo for such a good change. I was getting so depressed “Qasmay”! this track is bound to make it big in charts! My guarantee!! With just the right Video it will be competitionless!!!!
Thanks a lot for the refreshment.
Gets an Unbeatable 8 out of 10. one of the best songs in the album. Please do more of this. I request!!

Aankhon Main:
Ok! Ok! Ok! I am literally in love with this track! Being the first one I heard. It left a deep impression on me! Wonderful trance techno. Awesome beat. Satisfying and well constructed composition. The song does not in particular have a theme, and if you try to signify it, I can assure u would not come out with a theme out of this world. His Vocals, Omar Inayat is just as perfect in trance techno vocals as anyone can get. I am highly impressed. Though honestly speaking I am not a very huge fan of trance techno, but this guy is an exception! Had to listen to this song for about 4 times in a row. It did not bore me at any extent. This song has the potential to be a heart throb in the new generation. Very proportionate Jaani…oops…did I say Jaani again? Ohh well…have this bad habit for my own good!
Gets an 8.5 out of 10. some people I know are going to be very happy about it. I am sure!

Kya Yeh Pyaar hai: (deep blue version)
My senses are filled with the original one and this is there to sooth them. Gently stroking. Such a melancholic touch to such a previously aggressive song! A wonderful change. Though it is very different yet same as the original version, the piano is wonderful the violin, and his vocals in such soft tone. A wonderful combination. The slow and steady pace does not bore the listener. The extra length of the track is actually very acceptable. Till 6:11 there is no beat. And after that in a period of 1 minute this will fill your senses! A wonderful track!
Again a bravo bravo bravo!!! Gets a 7.5 out of 10. wonderfully executed!

Gangster Mix:
Dishoom Dishoom…Bang bang…..Bishoom bishoom…This song really gives the real insight in the gangster’s world. The sound effects are very nice. Something really different. Though I was wondering what is the link between, being gangster and Sohni kurri tou saday naal nach lay! Please enlighten me if you see the link! Cause I am really confused. The song over all is very good. Very demanding, energetic, crime stricken and extreme. It’s a good combo. I was wondering if the female is the Inspector chasing our sweet little gangster..ehm ehm… I mean Omar Inayat Of course. Anyone who will listen to the track closely, will find Lethal weapon’s dialogue in the back ground. I recognized it because of Mel Gibson’s peculiar voice. Well a nice touch no objections what so ever. Coming towards the rating…”there is some thing I am not supposed to do”.
Gets a 7 out of 10..its very justified and very simple. No one!!!!! Should sue me for this ok! And no Abduction please, I know I am messing with the gangsters here.

Ok! Folks its departing time again. But as u know I keep on popping in again and again! So the thing is this time it was Omar Inayat and his highly anticipated Album “Be The One”. Well I would still say he rushed into it! Though its ok! No worries. The album contains it all. The okays, the good, the very good and the excellent. Though a little complain. Many of the songs had major similarities! I hope that this doesn’t happen the next time. Expecting great thing from Omar in future! Best of luck in the music industry! We welcome you with arm wide open!

The album gets 7 on the scale of 10. it was a good attempt, well designed and well executed. Wishing u best of luck and no hard feelings.
Hira Fatima(pakmusic.net review team)

Last edited by Heeray; 03-26-2006 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:15 AM
Mufta.Tv

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 3 Total
Sher10 has a reputation beyond reputeSher10 has a reputation beyond reputeSher10 has a reputation beyond reputeSher10 has a reputation beyond reputeSher10 has a reputation beyond reputeSher10 has a reputation beyond reputeSher10 has a reputation beyond reputeSher10 has a reputation beyond reputeSher10 has a reputation beyond reputeSher10 has a reputation beyond reputeSher10 has a reputation beyond repute
amazing work hira fatima alwayz n joy reading ur reviews more than lissening to song .. well the album was good not bad .. would have some wat same feeeling if i was told to rate the song well done omar inayat and hira fatima for the amazing piece of work
cheerz

Old 03-26-2006, 02:26 AM
Politician

chandni is on a distinguished road
NaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiS!!!!!

liked ur review..... gr8 work.. keep it UP!!!
Old 03-26-2006, 05:06 AM
Captain Bhangray Di

Akh.Lari.Badu.Badi has a spectacular aura aboutAkh.Lari.Badu.Badi has a spectacular aura aboutAkh.Lari.Badu.Badi has a spectacular aura about
nice review hiraa....but to be honest i think u were a bit too light on him lolzz...har gaaney mein ek hi theme hai...same awaaz and he uses the digitalised thing in his voice way tooooo much!!
but i agree..aankhon mein is probably the stand out track on the album apart from TENU LAY KE JAANA!!
Old 03-26-2006, 06:44 AM
Bagar Billa of Pakstop

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 4 Total
[Billa] has a spectacular aura about[Billa] has a spectacular aura about
Yea absolutly amazing job was done on this article great article right there Hira.. Keep it up i also think alot of songs were similar.. I personally dont like Tennu lay jana... Yunhin is well done
Old 03-26-2006, 08:40 AM
The HILITE Kings

The Khan' has a reputation beyond reputeThe Khan' has a reputation beyond reputeThe Khan' has a reputation beyond reputeThe Khan' has a reputation beyond reputeThe Khan' has a reputation beyond reputeThe Khan' has a reputation beyond reputeThe Khan' has a reputation beyond reputeThe Khan' has a reputation beyond reputeThe Khan' has a reputation beyond reputeThe Khan' has a reputation beyond reputeThe Khan' has a reputation beyond repute
Brilliantly written Hira
Id agree abt the similarity of songs nad rushing into the album. Many bands or singers giet a good 2-3 songs out before rlsing an album. But nevertheless he wil suceed. Pakistan is striving for music he will fit in!
Old 03-26-2006, 08:43 AM
Lady Samurai - SecretAgent

Jappanun is a jewel in the roughJappanun is a jewel in the roughJappanun is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawadca4u
amazing work hira fatima alwayz n joy reading ur reviews more than lissening to song .. well the album was good not bad .. would have some wat same feeeling if i was told to rate the song well done omar inayat and hira fatima for the amazing piece of work
cheerz
well... jawad is right a bitt..

read reviewz..songs ki khair hai

nice workk hiraa
Old 03-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Aidman

KoOKiE is a splendid one to beholdKoOKiE is a splendid one to beholdKoOKiE is a splendid one to beholdKoOKiE is a splendid one to beholdKoOKiE is a splendid one to beholdKoOKiE is a splendid one to beholdKoOKiE is a splendid one to beholdKoOKiE is a splendid one to behold
wow more amazing things :P
naina sis posted lol amazingg
Old 03-26-2006, 01:15 PM
(pakmusic Editorial)

Heeray is just really niceHeeray is just really niceHeeray is just really niceHeeray is just really niceHeeray is just really nice
Thanku Very much every one!! Shukriya!!! where is fariha?? i dont see her reply...anyways! I knw i am a little soft on him..but no worries! i have a big heart
Old 03-26-2006, 02:30 PM
DIG Saab

punjabi_ghunda will become famous soon enough
I agree 100% on the ratings of these songs
Old 03-26-2006, 02:34 PM
VVIP Member

Kash has a reputation beyond reputeKash has a reputation beyond reputeKash has a reputation beyond reputeKash has a reputation beyond reputeKash has a reputation beyond reputeKash has a reputation beyond reputeKash has a reputation beyond reputeKash has a reputation beyond reputeKash has a reputation beyond reputeKash has a reputation beyond reputeKash has a reputation beyond repute
really good article hira, first time ever visited this area hope some one not mind . --- New entry
Old 03-26-2006, 03:37 PM
PakMusic Team

fariha337 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hira-Fatima
Thanku Very much every one!! Shukriya!!! where is fariha?? i dont see her reply
Sorry I hadn't replied earlier because I haven't listened to the album yet... The only song I know by him is "You've got something", which is a very nice and catchy track (just pity about those English lyrics... I just can't digest them I'm sorry...) Your review is great as usual, I love your witty style, I would never manage to write such detailed reviews!
EDIT: all right, now I have listened to the album. "Kya Yeh Pyar Hai" (both versions) and "Yunhin" are the best tracks of the album. "Kya Hone Laga" is ok as well, despite the English words I find it enjoyable and catchy.

Last edited by fariha337; 03-26-2006 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:45 PM
(pakmusic Editorial)

Heeray is just really niceHeeray is just really niceHeeray is just really niceHeeray is just really niceHeeray is just really nice
Ahhh...now we talking! well...fariha those are my fav tracks too! they are wonderful actually!!! Any comments ppl,...plz pop in! i wud really like to hear sumthing critical too!....its not always all good!