PakMusic - The Pure Pakistani Forums | Pakistani Music Movies Dramas Desi Forums

Old 04-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Sipahi

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 0 Total
Searle88 is on a distinguished road
Tariq Jackson, and Voice Instrumental Music.

Dear All,

I was informed by a Parkistani friend that someone by the name of Tariq Jackson was able to imitate the sound of musical instruments by means of the mouth. This is a form of Voice Instrumental Music. It was claimed that he had appeared on television, and presumably radio for a time. I am intrigued to know more about this individual if anyone out there has got any information. I did some come across a short reference to him on the internet.

I am wondering whether there are other "Voice artists" in Pakistan, and India as I am collecting material for a possible book on the subject entitled The Voice as Instrumental Music. I know the subject may seem strange but I do believe it could become mainstream one day. It does have a fascinating history which has been neglected (eg. Tuva throat singing, the Jewish Nigun, Swingle Singers, the Hollywood Sound Effects Choir, Beatboxing,et al).

Anyway, I look forward to any informed replies.

Regards,

Robert Searle http://kheper.net/authors/Robert_Searle.html
Say 'Thank You!' for this post.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:48 PM
General Musharraf

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 1 Total
ZexyZahid is a splendid one to beholdZexyZahid is a splendid one to beholdZexyZahid is a splendid one to beholdZexyZahid is a splendid one to beholdZexyZahid is a splendid one to beholdZexyZahid is a splendid one to beholdZexyZahid is a splendid one to beholdZexyZahid is a splendid one to behold
You mean, this Tariq Jackson? The video doesn't work anymore, but maybe Samad still has it.

http://pakstop.com/pmforums/showthread.php?t=11865

[u][color=#229c3f]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/color][/u]
Old 04-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Frontier Corps

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 0 Total
suleman_1 is a jewel in the roughsuleman_1 is a jewel in the roughsuleman_1 is a jewel in the roughsuleman_1 is a jewel in the rough
wow breaking news lolzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 04-18-2007, 12:00 PM
.bY GRL.

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 7 Total
paki princess has a reputation beyond reputepaki princess has a reputation beyond reputepaki princess has a reputation beyond reputepaki princess has a reputation beyond reputepaki princess has a reputation beyond reputepaki princess has a reputation beyond reputepaki princess has a reputation beyond reputepaki princess has a reputation beyond reputepaki princess has a reputation beyond reputepaki princess has a reputation beyond reputepaki princess has a reputation beyond repute
never ever heard of this guy
Old 04-18-2007, 03:16 PM
General Musharraf

Say 'Thank You!' for this post. = 0 For This Post / 73 Total
maverick86 has much to be proud ofmaverick86 has much to be proud ofmaverick86 has much to be proud ofmaverick86 has much to be proud ofmaverick86 has much to be proud ofmaverick86 has much to be proud ofmaverick86 has much to be proud ofmaverick86 has much to be proud ofmaverick86 has much to be proud of
I remember him from back in the day, he used to be a regular on TV when we had PTV only. His rise during the early 90s late 80s corresponded with the popularity of Michael Jackson in Pakistan, hence the moniker Jackson.
I have not seen a video of him performing for about 8 years years but he definitely existed