04-14-2006, 12:25 AM
Religious Forum Rules. Please read before posting, UPDATED 11-Sep-07
The Religious forum has been made to provide a meeting place for Muslims and non-Muslims, where they can enter in respectful dialogues. The forum rules below will be enforced by the Moderators.
Last updated: 11 September 2007
1) All religions in the world should be respected at all times. You cannot speak ill of our Lord, Allah (Swt), our beloved Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), all Prophets and Messengers of Allah (Swt) who came before him, Muhammad (Pbuh)'s Companions (May Allah be pleased with all of them), and Allah's angels. This applies to important figures in the non - monotheistic faiths, such as Buddha, Confucius, Guru Nanak Dev, etc.
2) Good manners are expected. Greet each other politely, treat others with respect and refrain from name-calling, insulting and bashing members. Also, do not provoke one another or make personal attacks or remarks to try and score points. Be kind and keep your intentions pure.
3) People of all ages, backgrounds and faiths are welcome to this forum. Therefore, Offensive personal language will be removed and members warned. Those who persist with such posts will be banned.
4) This forum is a place for discussion, not for personal agendas or vendettas. Such impatient and emotional people will be banned.
5) Freedom of speech is considered a basic human right. However, this freedom comes with responsibility and the right should not be used immaturely, carelessly or thoughtlessly.
6) Use the normal default font of the forum and not others. Utilization of emoticons and different sizes of colored text in excess is prohibited. Please avoid the use of capital letters or bold fonts to express yourself. This will be seen as impolite and disrespectful here. Also, do not use capital letters and catch-phrases in your thread title. Give it a simple title, and let others decide whether they wish to participate or not. Do not 'bump' up threads unless you have something significant to contribute.
6) Posts that contain religious hate sentiments and website links are strictly prohibited. This forum aims to promote good relations with all people of faith and will not entertain counter-productive opinions.
7) Advertising is prohibited and promoting websites or products is inappropriate. Hyperlinks to websites are allowed only if they directly deal with the discussion at hand.
8) Source your information and bring the information from trusted sites! If you claim a certain religion preaches something, sources are required. If not provided, the posts will be deleted.
9) Labeling people as non-Muslims is prohibited. Please remember that none of us have the right to declare another person as a "Kafir" or non-Muslim, and therefore anyone committing such an offense will be punished.
10) Any threads containing exocisms of jinns will be closed and the user will be warned. People will have absolutely no benefit from watching exorcisms. If humans start to show this as entertainment, then this may upset the jinn or offend them.
11) Preaching is not allowed. The Religion forum is meant for discussion, not to preach. Posting videos (especially with speeches) and including large cut-and-pasted documents fall under the category of preaching and are not welcome. Exceptions may be if there is an ongoing healthy discussion and a video can be productive; the moderators will make the final judgment on the permissibility in these circumstances. But, as a general rule, videos are not to be posted.
12) Do not make new threads for repeat topics. If a topic is being discussed in an existing thread, do not open a new thread for the same issue. Likewise, stay on-topic and do not attempt to derail any thread.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by Sarmad; 09-12-2007 at 04:07 AM.
Reason: updated rules